Cancer Full Moon - Clearing The Slate For The New Year
Early this Sunday morning we’ll have the last Full Moon for the year! It takes place in the sentimental sign of Cancer, ruling home, emotions and the past. As the year is coming to an end, it feels like we’re invited to come back home to ourselves and take some time to reflect on the past year.
Meanwhile the Sun has drifted over to the focused and driven Capricorn, a sign that rules work, long-term commitments and responsibilities. There is a sense of having to make peace with the past (Cancer) to be able to move forward into the future (Capricorn). This energy will carry us over to the New Year, culminating at the Capricorn New Moon on the 6thof January.
Below you’ll find some questions to contemplate that’ll help you clear the slate for the New Year!
As usual at Full Moon, take some time to release anything that no longer serves your higher good.
- What’s been holding you back this year?
- What kind of beliefs do you hold that simply are not true anymore?
Make peace with the past:
We all have some ‘to-dos’ that we just didn’t get around doing this year, or regrets around mistakes we may have done. Take some time to contemplate any un-finished business that may be hanging above your head.
- Is there a task on your to-do list that you just never seem to get around doing?
- Why do you think you keep putting it off?
- Is it truly worth your time, or is it something you’re ready to simply let go of?
- Are you holding on to a regret?
- What have you learned from your mistake?
- Can you find a sense of gratitude for the experience, and allow yourself to move on?
Full Moon is a time of celebration. Take some time to feel into the sense of joy and accomplishment for another year of being you!
- What did you do or experience this year that you’re proud of?
- What kind of struggles did you overcome?
- What experience puts a smile on your face?
Finally, it’s so important to remember to take time to feel gratitude for all the things that are good in our lives.
- Write a list of 3 things you’re thankful for that took place in the past year.
- Write a list of 3 things you’re thankful for in your life right now.
I’d like to encourage you to do the gratitude list everyday, up until the New Moon in January. This will ensure you enter the New Year with an open heart and abundant mindset. Keep letting go of the things you don’t wish to carry forward into the New Year and make sure you find some space for yourself amongst the holiday madness.
I hope this post has helped you to clear your slate a little before the New Year so that you can focus on being present, spend time with your loved ones and recharge your batteries during the last week of the year 2018.
Lot’s of love,